lovelybookshelf

Juliette Gordon Low: The Remarkable Founder of the Girl Scouts
Stacy A. Cordery
What I Talk About When I Talk About Running
Haruki Murakami, Philip Gabriel
Stargazey Point: A Novel - Shelley Noble The fictional town of Stargazey Point is a magical place. The quaint little town, its old-world charm... Shelley Noble paints the town and its inhabitants perfectly; I could see it in my mind, and fell in love with the setting. The development of the characters, as well as the interaction between them, felt very natural.

But that was it. I should have liked this story far more. It sounds exactly like the type of book I enjoy reading, especially during these leisurely summer months. Unfortunately this novel fell flat for me and barely held my interest. Basically the story consists of Abbie learning to deal with a tragedy and work through her grief, and a town trying to prevent itself from dying off completely. There was one conflict that arose that I did not expect, but once it came up, I immediately knew how it would pan out long before it (finally) resolved.

For the most part, I found the novel lackluster and predictable. It was nice, but much too predictable for my liking.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. I did not receive any other compensation for this review.