lovelybookshelf

Juliette Gordon Low: The Remarkable Founder of the Girl Scouts
Stacy A. Cordery
What I Talk About When I Talk About Running
Haruki Murakami, Philip Gabriel
The Honest Toddler: A Child's Guide to Parenting - Bunmi Laditan I've followed the Honest Toddler Facebook page for several months and always get a kick out of the status updates and posts. Only 10 pages into reading an advance copy of The Honest Toddler book and I was already cracking up. I'm sure my husband got sick of me sharing passage after passage with him - though he laughed every time!

Sleep: Weaning Yourself Off of It was probably my favorite section. I also loved the book, movie, music, and fairy tale reviews. So glad I'm not alone in my feelings toward the television series Caillou! I did experience a few lulls while reading the book - probably bound to happen with 256 pages of the same shtick - but they didn't last long. The Honest Toddler moves from topic to topic quickly, delivering a multitude of blunt opinions with sarcastic, sassy wit.

Yet even among the hilarity, I have to say, I had an "ouch" moment or two while reading this book. These moments gave me pause as I realized how some of the things I do might be coming across to my daughter. The Honest Toddler may be a tongue-in-cheek type of "parenting book," but I appreciated finding bits of wisdom all while laughing wholeheartedly.